Wednesday, August 11, 2010

San Diego in July

In the middle of July (between all our visitors) I was able to make a trip to San Diego to be in Jen Borba's (now Wallace's) wedding, see baby Henry Jones, and see my new niece Addison Lynn. It was a whirlwind weekend but so great to see so many people.

My first stop in San Diego (actually ended up being in Orange County) was Jen Borba / Wallace's wedding. After missing my flight the night before, I re-routed my flight to Orange County instead of San Diego and got on the first flight out the morning of the wedding. (Only slightly stressful...I didn't not tell Jen, however, until I walked into the hotel room so she didn't have to stress over being one bridesmaid short the day of the wedding!) Jane and Jim picked me up from the airport and dropped me off at the bridal hotel to get ready. It was a beautiful wedding and I was so blessed to be a part of it. It was so wonderful to see Jen get married and to such a great guy. I also had a ton of fun with her other bridesmaids hanging out before and during the wedding. They are a great group of girls.

My second stop was to the Jones' household in Fallbrook to see Lindsay and her boys. I drove down right after the wedding and got there pretty late. I spent the night but we only hung out for about a half hour before hitting the hay. We were both exhausted from long nights previously. Baby Henry had just turned 7 weeks old and it was so fun to see how much Harrison has taken on the role of the big brother. They are both so sweet. It was so fun to see Lindsay and have a relaxing breakfast together before continuing my drive down to Carmel Valley. Even though the trip was short it was oh-so-sweet.

Next stop was to Carmel Valley to Danica and Andrew's house where I got to meet my new niece Addison Lynn and play with my adorable nephew, Aidan. We had a blast and I got to take a million pictures of Addison. My parents and Grandma Law also came up for a visit so I really got to see the whole family.

Since my in-laws were so sweet to let me borrow Jane's car, I was able to drive back Wednesday morning to orange county before flying back up to Portland. I had a lovely lunch with Jim and G'pa Whittington before Jim drove me to the airport. It was a whirlwind very short visit but I managed to see just about as many people as you possibly could in that short of time. It was really wonderful to see everyone and I'm glad I could make the trip down. (I also wrote about my airport experience on the way back to Portland HERE. It was a good one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment