Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Satisfied

"You open Your hand & satisfy the desire of every living thing." -Psalm 145:16

Sometimes it's hard to remember the difference between need and want. Sometimes we feel like wants are needs. It's so refreshing to remember that God does truly satisfy all our desires and needs even if in a timing that is not our own. If we look to Him and truly draw close to Him, he gives us a peace that fills those holes of desire in our lives. When we focus on Him, we don't feel lacking in anything.

"In any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled...I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." -Philippians 4:12-13

Even right now in my waiting I feel content and filled by a God who is so amazing that only He can fill those places in my heart and nothing else. At this moment in time I may not have the desires that I feel are most significant in my "wanting" category such as a baby or a house but I am still filled and content and joyful. Those places in my heart are filled to overflowing by a loving God who gives abundantly. It's amazing to me that even in a period of waiting or growing how much peace and joy God gives when you draw near to Him.

One of my favorite (and most often used) phrases I have been saying for the past few months has been that if you pray for patience you are not zapped with it, but are instead given opportunities to grow in patience. A friend emailed me a list of things that go perfectly with that phrase:

I asked for strength.....
and God gave me challenges to make me strong

I asked for wisdom......
and God gave me problems to solve

I asked for courage......
and God gave me danger to overcome

I asked for love......
and God gave me troubled people to help

I asked for favors......
and God gave me opportunities

I asked for prosperity.......
and God gave me brain and brawn to work

I received nothing I wanted....
but was given everything I needed to evolve and shine into the person I am meant to be


There is a point and a plan to everything, even when we cannot see it. So often it doesn't make sense. Which is why it is so reassuring to know that God is in control of it and I don't need to wonder why or worry about it because it is all in His hands. He is shaping me into the woman I am meant to be through every detail of my life and I am so thankful for that.




6 comments:

  1. What a powerful post. I love the quote, it is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lindsey, this is exactly what I needed to hear today, and is so encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WFW are such a blessing... I love coming to each new post and finding His love pouring out, sharing, opening eyes & understanding more! You've blessed me today - reminded me YES - He is our great provider and I praise Him for such!
    Hugs & Prayers, HL

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) That's a GREAT way of putting it! And thank you for those encouraging Bible verses. I've been studying in Philippians this week so it was a double encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful post... and so much to glean from it.

    I love your 'babies'... I have 2 also. My own children are young adults, and our doggies have become our new babies.

    Bless you this WFW... and nice to *meet* you.

    ReplyDelete