Friday, October 22, 2010

Manna

Sorry I have been missing for quite some time, I am back now! The past two weeks were filled with starting my new job and also Derek's first vacation, part of which we spent in San Diego visiting with friends, family, and attending Kristine's wedding. It has also been filled with last minute paper signings, getting quotes, and trying not to worry over other details surrounding our purchasing our first home.

The job has been going great and I have really loved learning about the grapes, vines, soil, and wine. It has really been so interesting as well as meeting some great people. My drive is unbelievable and every time I've made it I am reminded of God's greatness in His creation. It is really amazing.

This morning I came across this verse in my devotional:

"Then the Lord said to Moses, 'I will rain down bread from heaven for you. The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day. In this way I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions." -Exodus 16:4

This verse follows the people grumbling about how they should have been left in Egypt to die with food rather than be brought to their promised land and be hungry on the way. This rings true in so many areas of my life. How often do we look backwards or think wishful "if only" thoughts about what we think could be better. How often do we forget that this is the path God has placed us on the way to His promised land for us only to grumble that we're not satisfied. I know I am guilty of this and fail often at remembering to listen to God's instructions and trust in His plan.

God provided for the people in the desert with manna just like he provides for us daily. Regardless of in what form He manifests, He is always there, always providing - if we will only listen and follow. This reminded me today to let God's manna fall on me in so many ways. Are you allowing Him to do so in your life today?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment