Sunday, October 4, 2009

Family & Friends


The last week at Stanford was very eventful! I got to spend lots of time with Janelle and Belle which was so much fun. We went to the amusement park at the zoo and rode rides. It was a great time. I still can't believe how big Belle has gotten!


We ended up leaving 2 days early so we could get down to San Diego and have a day to relax before Derek flew out to West Virginia. Patty and Don were at my parents house and we had a great time hanging out with them and playing the Wii. Derek flew out the following day and I stayed in San Diego for a week. Mary came over to play twice and we had a great time. I also got to see most of the family the evening Derek left for a BBQ. I got to see Grandma and Grandpa Wollitz, Bruce, Melinda, Austin, & Marshall. Then the end of that week I got to attend the cousin's brunch and got to see that half of the family again! It was a special time to be able to see cousins I hadn't seen in years as well as my close extended family. Howie made it down and that was fun to see him as well. Debra and the girls couldn't be there but I'm sure we'll see them soon. It was wonderful to sit and chat with my grandma Donna and grandpa Norman even if just for a little while. After not seeing them for 9 months it was so fun to be able to see them twice in just a week's time.


My parents kept the dogs for three days once I flew out to West Virginia. They really warmed up to them and it sounded like they really enjoyed having two little shadows following them around. My dad said Bear liked to lay right up against him when he'd do his sit ups in the garage. Right before they flew out to Minnesota, my dad drove the dogs up to a "Pet Resort" in Lake Forest. I'm sure they are being spoiled to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment